Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My annual Lace Retreat


I spent this last weekend (Friday through Monday) in the bay area at the annual Milanese Lace conference. Our class was again held in the Lace Museum all day Saturday through Monday.
Friday I met my lace buddy Francesca at UCLA (she works at the UCLA dental school) at lunch time. We drove the rest of the day and got to our hotel that evening.
The next day we started lacing and didn't stop until Monday afternoon. Then Fran and I got back in my mini-cooper and drove back to So Cal. It was a busy weekend but I loved it! I got very close to finishing the Milanese Iris that I am working on. Louise Colgan was again our gifted teacher and we enjoyed a lovely class.





We also met for dinner at PF Changs restaurant and had a great evening.




I was so tired when I got home but then I looked at what I accomplished on my lace piece.
It is satisfying to see what I did in those few days. I try to work on my lace everyday but life just gets in the way sometimes. That is why these classes are such a joy to me.

No comments: