Sunday, April 3, 2011
Hiking with Sis : )
It was a wonderful weekend! My sister and I love to go on day hikes together. On Saturday we had the chance to spend time with each other doing what we enjoy. What was especially fun this time was I spent Friday night at Allison's house before our hike Saturday morning. I drove down to Temecula Friday afternoon and met her for dinner. We ate at a chinese restaurant called Peony and the food was good. I followed Allison to her house and we spent the evening talking and going through old pictures.
The next day we got up early and set out for the Anza Borrego preserve. Allison said that we could connect to a part of the Pacific Crest Trail and hike on it. This trail starts down on the Mexican border and ends at the Canadian border. It was an adventure just getting to the trail. We were off roading up the side of a mountain on a very unmaintained dirt road. We pulled off and parked and started on the trail.
It was a beautiful day, perfect temperatures, and we saw many wildflowers along the way.
The variety of cactus that were along the way was amazing!
We saw some "critters" too : ) (don't worry, I was not very close to this rattlesnake just had a good zoom lens on the camera)
I liked all the different types of bushes and trees with their spring growth.
Our final destination was reached when we came to Tulle Springs. We relaxed there for a while and then headed back.
Our final mileage was six miles round trip, all of it such a pleasure! Allison and I are already planning our next day hike. Our only problem is trying to narrow down all the great choices : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment