Wednesday, August 10, 2011

IOLI Convention 2011

Finally posting pictures of my trip to Maryland to participate in the annual lace convention!  It was a great week.  I arrived on Saturday evening and the next day enjoyed visiting the many vendors displaying their new wares!




Teacher Showcase was awesome as always with the teachers showing off their creations.






Our tour this year was to the Baltimore Museum of Art.  They gave us a private showing of their lace collection.  Their were some beautiful pieces of lace all gathered in one place!







Francesca, Louise and I making sure everyone knew our tour destination : )


I was privileged to know a participant in the famous IOLI tat-off this year!  YEAH FRAN!



My class this year was Cantu Lace.  Here are some pictures of that lace that our teacher  Betty Mamfre made and displayed for our pleasure.  My time lacing that week was heaven.  Thanks to our teacher and fellow students : )




Last but not least I better show my own piece of Cantu lace!





This year was a different experience for me as I was voted in as the new Southwest Regional Director of IOLI.  I will be in charge of keeping track of the charter clubs in California, Arizona, Utah and Nevada and making sure they receive all updates from the national organization.  Hope I am up to the task!
Goodbye to a great lace convention and looking forward to next years in Minnesota!


No comments: