Sunday, April 20, 2008

Two projects completed!

It is always exciting when I finish an old project and today I can boast that two are done!
The first one is a bobbin lace piece of Schneeberger Lace from Lia Baumeister's book. I chose a doily pattern on page 56 and used some DMC size 80 variegated green thread that I had lying around. It turned out interesting especially the leaves as they transitioned from dark green to light green.


I used to avoid lace patterns with leaves. Now that I have been practicing them a lot lately I actually enjoy doing them. I needed to get this project done and off the lace pillow because I have to work on a letter for our lace guild banner.

The second project is my first finished rug hooking piece. I started "hooking" last November and my beginning project was a 9 X 9 square image of a flower. I decided on my colors of purples and blues and started working. I love to hook. It is so much fun to see how the colors mix. When I finished I bought some scrap fabric to match and sewed a binding around three sides (with yarn) and stuffed it to make a pillow. I finished sewing the last row and now it is proudly displayed on a guest bed.


I already started two other new hooking projects to add to my long list of UFO's so
another obsession has begun!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are an inspiring artist!