Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Yosemite Trip!










Hello All!      I finally started my blog today! (after saying over and over again that I was going to do it ) and amazingly it has nothing to do with my passion to create.  I love Yosemite National Park and the tradition of our annual trip to
 the park in the springtime (that started with  my parents) has continued with my children. This time Chris and I were joined by my daughter Julie and her husband Rafa.  Due to time constraints we were only able to stay for two days but they were glorious! The weather was beautiful, in the mid 70 degree range, and the waterfalls were awesome. There was snow on
 the ground in  spots but not enough to hinder any of our hikes.
We hiked to the Mariposa Grove 
redwoods as well as Mirror Lake. During the Mirror Lake hike we went right along the face of the cliff and saw many other smaller waterfalls that will soon disappear when summer comes along.














I love waterfalls!   They seem to help my spirit to soar. Chris knows that I need my waterfall fix
often.  

2 comments:

Chris K said...

I get to leave the first comment! blog on!
chris

Shannon Abbott said...

I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!!! Nice blog!