Sunday, September 14, 2008

Washougal Family Reunion

1987



2008!


Chris and I just returned from two weeks in Washington at the river house. The great fun of this trip was getting to spend it with most of the kids and grandkids. Mike, Caroline and Mari as well as Shannon, Ethan and Zachary joined with us and I loved being with part my family. Unfortunately Julie and Rafa could not make it but hopefully will be able to join us next year. This is the 21st year that we have been going to Washougal as a family since my parents bought the first river house. As you can see by the picture above Shannon enjoyed throwing rocks as a 4 year old and her son Zac enjoys it now : )

We took the requisite trip to the Bonneville Dam and this year Zac was really amazed by the "BIG" fish!

He loved all the waterfalls

but enjoyed the little things too, like playing train with his cousin Mari.


Zac spending time with his Uncle Mike.



River Fun


Grandma and Grandpa enjoying being grandparents.


Little feet


Cousins!



We spent many hours by the river, and Ethan and Grandma had time to fish as well : )
Mari and Zac played in the water and honed their rock throwing skills to perfection.

Shan, Mari, and Zac heading for the river


The weather was cloudy at the beginning of the week but did improve later and by the time Chris and I left temps were reaching 88 degrees. (Hot for that part of the country) We reluctantly left last Thursday and got back to California on Friday afternoon.
I already miss everyone!

2 comments:

Shannon Abbott said...

Yeah...I miss it already.

Sarah said...

Love the old and new pictures! What a beautiful place!