Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Raffle Fiddle

Several weeks ago Chris and I went to the San Diego Bluegrass Festival which I previously blogged about. As is my usual practice I bought some raffle tickets to help support the festival. I put my tickets in the banjo and fiddle cans never expecting to win anything. (I never do) The day before Chris and I left for our Washington reunion I received a phone call from the president of the San Diego Bluegrass club informing me that I won the raffle for the fiddle!!!
I remember asking him to repeat himself twice before I started screaming. He told me that they would ship it to me and he needed my address. The only thing he wanted from me was a picture of the fiddle so they could put it in their next newsletter to show all the raffle winners.
Here it is!



I already have a banjo so it looks like I might have to multi-task and form my own band : )

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats to the one-woman band!

2Grandmas2 said...

Very cool!! The timing could not have been better.

Caroline Kingsley said...

It looks beautiful! Looks like we're going to all have to fiddle together ... once we know how.