I traveled to Utah for a quick trip last week for several reasons. I have been cleaning and organizing our house and in the process found many things that belonged to the kids. (several boxes worth) I thought they would enjoy seeing childhood memories and wanted to take them
to Utah. I have also wanted to see the fall colors in Utah in their splendor for several years and it seemed like a good time to go. The last time I saw them was 2005 and I miss it! Finally,
Julie is husbandless for three weeks (Rafa went to visit his parents in Brazil) and she appreciated me staying overnight with her for a few days.
Julie took a day off of teaching and we went up to Aspen Grove for a short hike to a waterfall.
The fall colors were overwhelming! I felt like I was in a surreal picture of gorgeous reds and yellows.
Our hike to the falls and back took a total of about three hours but was well worth it! It was absolutely beautiful! There was no one else there and we had the whole falls to ourselves. We spent time resting and eating snacks. I also took many pictures.
When I went to visit Mike, Caroline and Mari they were getting ready to "release the butterflies!"
Mari had a netted cage with many butterflies inside and had watched them grow but it was now time to let them go. She was so excited as she watched them fly out. Several of them landed on their plants in the backyard so we were able to continue the show.
Shannon, Zachary, and I spent Thursday at Gardner's Village.
I always enjoy a visit there especially in the fall. Everything was decorated with fall and Halloween in mind. I don't think Zac was impressed by all of the witches, but he never let his eyes off of them for a second : )
Each evening Julie and I would watch old movies, eat goodies and work on our craft projects.
I helped her perfect her knitting skills (on her scarf) and I did some needlepoint. Our variety of movies ranged from Calamity Jane to House of Wax : ) Interesting choices.....
A fun time was had by this mom and I hope by the rest of the family!
2 comments:
Beautiful photos! The leaves are just beginning to turn here; I always do a drive out on the Olympic peninsula when they are really going. Sometimes the beauty is overwhelming.
Oh, I loved everything!! The fall leaves, the waterfall, butterflies, Gardner Village. Everything is so perfect.
Post a Comment