Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Visit Blog #5


After Christmas Chris and I (being the good grandparents we are) volunteered to babysit Mari and Zac while their parents went to dinner and a movie. We watched Mari first so Mike and Caroline could go out. We took her out to eat at Chick-Fil-A (fast food chicken)


She enjoyed her chicken nuggets and playing in their play area. After our meal we went to Michael's Craft store so grandma could replace one of her lost tapestry needles.


After we returned to Mari's house she gave us a violin concert before bed : ) We had so much fun!


We even saw the elusive Neferti who came out to spend time with us : )



Fast forward to New Year's Eve and it was Zac's turn to be watched so Ethan and Shannon could go out. That ended up being a very easy and relaxing evening because Shannon put Zac to bed before they left : )

Zac gave us his Napoleon Dynamite look before bed!


Shannon and Ethan came back right at midnight so we celebrated a quiet New Year.

In between our babysitting jobs Shan, Julie, and I went to Gardner Village.


I especially wanted to visit Pine Needles Quilt Shop because they were having a sale (25% off anything in the store) I spent way too much on fabric, punch needle and cross stitch patterns, and floss. I also enjoyed the other stores.

Zac enjoying grandma's coat!


We left for home the day after new year's and the picture below was taken at dawn as we left.

I finally got caught up!

No comments: