
I thought I would make a blog for my mother-in-law, Grace Kingsley, who passed away October 31. The funeral was held yesterday, November 13. The kids were able to fly down to California to be there and I even got to see one grandkid along with them (Shannon brought Tyson with her : )
The memorial service was held at Emmanuel Lutheran Church. Before the service we greeted family and friends with refreshments at the church. My nephew Brian made up a photo show of Grandma Kingsley's life to music. So many memories! The pastor spoke about Grace's life and Carmel (my nieces aunt) sung two songs.
Afterwards we headed over to the cemetary for the graveside service. We each put single roses on the casket and watched the release of the doves. It was an emotional day for my family.



We also went down the hill from where Grandma Kingsley was laid to rest to visit my parents who are also at Rose Hills.

After that we went over to Carmel's home to have a reception and visit with family and friends.


There was lots of chocolate (just the way grandma would like it : ) as well as grilled chicken,
salads, and desserts. I am sure it would have pleased her!
No comments:
Post a Comment