
Lace Convention ended yesterday and it was wonderful! Convention was in Portland, Oregon
this year and very close to the river house. (but part of the fun is staying with all my friends at the hotel)so off to the Red Lion Inn on the Columbia River I went!
I took the Flanders class this year, my first experience at this lace. I really enjoyed as well as our teacher Sally Schoenburg. She was very knowledgeable and knew her lace and so helpful as I worked through my beginning strips. At the end of the week I moved on to another pattern where I really had to concentrate (but not so much that I was stressed out : )
On Wednesday (our lace day off) I took two lace friends on a mini tour of the Columbia River Gorge. We saw the waterfalls, the Bridge of the Gods (a scary trestle bridge),
the Bonneville Dam, Cape Horn, and ended our tour at the river house.
The week was fun. I have several friends that I only see at convention so that was a plus when I met them. Too bad it finally had to end! Next convention is at Bethesda,
Maryland (near Washington D.C.) and I am looking forward to it already : )
No comments:
Post a Comment