Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lace Museum 2010!

Francesca and I took our annual lace conference/girls weekend out trip up to Sunnyvale California. (between San Jose and San Francisco) We left on Friday at noon from UCLA (where Fran works) and made the drive in about 6 1/2 hours. We ate lunch at Buttonwillow on the 5 freeway and stopped at our favorite place Casa De Fruita to stock up on dried fruits, nuts, and goodies. We got there around 7pm checked in and ate dinner at In and Out Hamburger.
Class started the next day (with our wonderful teacher Louise Colgan) and I proceeded onward with my Milanese Fan. The lace museum staff was wonderful and fed us great lunches all three days. Saturday night Fran and I got our salads at Trader Joes then stayed in our rooms lacing and watching old TV shows.
Sunday night was dinner at P.F. Changs with the entire group (and husbands if they were around) We finished up Monday afternoon and left for home around 5pm. The trip back was good and we made in by 11:30p.m I progressed well on the fan so am proud of what I got done. The weekend flew by and I can't believe I am back to the grind. Oh Well.....








No comments: