Monday, February 28, 2011

Winter Lace Conference 2011!


 I just finished our annual winter lace conference, held February 18 through February 21.
It was another awesome lace event!  Above are the Idrija lace class participants including myself.  Three days of the conference were spent making Idrija lace which is a lace developed in the town of Idrija in Slovenia.  This has always been a favorite lace of mine.
In the past I have only used a cookie shaped pillow to make this type of lace but this year I was able to purchase a traditional Idrija "puklje" pillow and authentic bobbins.  Here is a picture of my pillow all in the traditional Slovenia attire!




 My teacher, Allie, also worked the traditional way on her pillow but most of the rest of the class (below) did their lace on the regular lace pillows : )


Here is Allie working on her pillow and her display of Idrija lace.




I also worked on my Milanese Fan which is beginning to take shape! As I get closer to the top of the piece I will add more orange and a burgundy color to the flower.




Fran and I enjoyed each others company at the registration table  (my annual job for the conference) and we also enjoyed Louise' company at the lace banquet. 




 
After all the recovery time I had to go through for my cataract surgery I am so glad I was able to make it to Winter Lace Conference!


No comments: