On our way home from Utah I begged Chris to pull off the freeway in Las Vegas on Sahara Blvd. I wanted him to take me past the Sahara Hotel for pictures. The Sahara was one of the first casino hotels on the strip and was frequently visited by Frank Sinatra and his "rat pack" during what I consider the glory days of Las Vegas. The Sahara Hotel was closed permanently (due to an alleged combination of mismanagement and loss of revenue) I suspect it will be imploded and torn town just as other older hotel casinos in Vegas. I took several shots of the front and back of the hotel while Chris waited for me : )
As a child I remember staying at the Sahara with my parents. My dad was quite the blackjack king : )
I saw many of the famous celebrities of the day (from the late fifties through the sixties) and tried to use the slot machines when my mom wasn't looking : ) Standing in front of this neglected, closed landmark brought back so many memories. I miss you mom and dad.




No comments:
Post a Comment