Monday, August 11, 2008

2008 IOLI convention


The IOLI convention is officially over but it has taken me several days to get around to telling about it. This extended vacation is beginning to wear me down : )
The lace convention lasted a week from August 3 to August 8 and was held in Rockford, Illinois at the Clocktower Resort.
This is the fourth convention I have been able to attend since starting my lace hobby nine years ago. They are really fun to attend, to meet new lacers and see old friends. There are a variety of lace classes to take for the week. I chose to take the Milanese class in the morning (below are the class members)



and the Idrija class in the afternoon. (class members below)


I forgot to take any pictures of my ongoing class projects, but I do have a picture of my teachers completed piece which is the same one I am working on. (below)


I enjoyed spending time with my lace buddy Francesca


And my other lace buddy Elizabeth

Elizabeth won the peoples choice theme award for her piece of Bedfordshire lace this year.
(and it was well deserved : )

The vendor booths were very tempting and I am coming home with many lace goodies.
We ended our week with the Friday night banquet where Francesca announced next years convention information. Our local guild will be hosting next years national convention in Los Angeles!


Convention ended that evening after banquet and Chris and I left early the next morning to head towards Nauvoo, Illinois.

No comments: