Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cross Stitch Projects (Finished and not!)

I just finished a small cross stitch piece on linen by Bent Creek Designs. It is actually my first attempt stitching on evenweave. When I was in high school I had my first experience with cross stitch and I made the mistake of picking a difficult pattern stitched on linen. I eventually threw it away in disgust. When I started stitching again (about 10 years ago) I thought I could only work on Aida because I was not skilled enough to work on the evenweave fabrics. I finally got the courage to try again and really enjoyed it with no problems at all. My special little finished project is below.



My ongoing project (that I have been working on way too long) is "Multnomah Falls"
by Kind Stitchworks. I picked up a couple of their patterns in Oregon excited to try them out.
They have several patterns as part of their travel design series of Washington and Oregon.
I plan on getting it framed and hanging it at the Washington house. I started the piece two years ago and burned out on it about halfway through. A few months ago I joined the yahoo group SoCal Cross stitch. We have a GNO (girls night out) every two weeks and meet to
stitch. It has re-motivated me to finish this project. Of course the end is now in sight.
Thanks to all my new friends in the SoCal group for their encouragement!



1 comment:

Lisa M said...

Wow, can I say I am impressed. Nothing I have ever done has looked like that. So beautiful