Now that I have worked one repeat of the pattern it is really fun and fairly easy as patterns go. I have been asked to display the pillow at the Lace Convention this summer and I may have to write an article for the national lace magazine. I am not sure what I have gotten myself into : ) Thanks again Rafa and Julie for all the supplies!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Brazilian Lace Pillow
I have finally prepared and am making Brazilian Lace! It is so much fun. I appreciate the help of my lace friend Maria Provencher in setting up the bolster pillow and helping to decipher the pattern. We were really "winging it" but it worked out great! Don't you love the bobbins? In place of regular pins they use thorns and they are really sharp! Take my word on it because I poked myself several times with them.
Now that I have worked one repeat of the pattern it is really fun and fairly easy as patterns go. I have been asked to display the pillow at the Lace Convention this summer and I may have to write an article for the national lace magazine. I am not sure what I have gotten myself into : ) Thanks again Rafa and Julie for all the supplies!
Now that I have worked one repeat of the pattern it is really fun and fairly easy as patterns go. I have been asked to display the pillow at the Lace Convention this summer and I may have to write an article for the national lace magazine. I am not sure what I have gotten myself into : ) Thanks again Rafa and Julie for all the supplies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment