Monday, March 23, 2009

Chino Hills State Park


The weather was unsettled and in between rain storms when we decided to take a trip to the Chino Hills State Park. We were on the search for the California Poppy and had heard that they were blooming there. On our arrival and subsequent hike we only caught one small patch on the side of a hill but saw so much more.


What a wonderful time we had. The hills were so green
(and purple and yellow from the lupine and mustard seed)







This is So Cal's spring (so much earlier that everywhere else) and by the time spring hits in other states it will already be dry and brown here. I love to hike in the hills around here and appreciate the fact that we still have some to hike in.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! Where did you start that hike?

Shannon Abbott said...

Mom it looks so amazing!!! I wish I was there.