Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Zac's Big Party : )


We spent last week in Utah to celebrate our grandson's second birthday! He is such a charmer and so cute as you can see by the pictures : )





We went to Gardner's Village at the beginning of the week and met Caroline there.
Of course the requisite cute pictures were taken.


I found some cute ideas for baby gifts at Pine Needles, my favorite quilting and needlearts store
in Utah.

We also went to the Dinosaur museum with all the kids.


Zachary's actual birthday was on Saturday, March 14, and Shannon had a full day planned for him. We participated in part of it by going with them to the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake City.
We went to the cookie store first : )


Then we went to the Children's Museum. What fun he had there!


Zac also went to Build A Bear and chose a cute dog with a fisherman outfit and helped make it.
We ended up at The Counter Restaurant where you are able to make your own hamburgers and add whatever toppings you want. They also had those great sweet potato fries!
We were lucky to have almost the whole family there, minus Rafa who had to work : (
so I had to have a picture.

On our final day there Shannon had a family party with Zac's birthday cake. She made him a giant cookie which he loved.



He opened his gifts from grandma and grandpa. I think he enjoyed tearing off the wrapping paper as much as the getting the gifts.

My pictures of the quilt I made were part of this party from the previous blog.

Of course he had to have a ride on dad's "cycle" around the block. Doesn't he look cool : )


These last two pictures I am adding as a proud mom. I hope my girls do not mind : )

Julie and I are knitting away at Zac's party.

Watching the progress of my next two grandson's! I will be a busy grandma during the summer.

1 comment:

2Grandmas2 said...

Your pictures are wonderful. Don't you just love having adult kids? Just when you think you cannot feel any prouder they throw something even nicer at you. Take care.