We have been in Utah since last Saturday, enjoying the holiday season with the children and grand children. The first day here was certainly a full one. We not only saw our grand daughter Mari play her violin in a Christmas recital, but also experienced a Swedish Christmas celebration. When we got to Mike and Caroline's home Mari was dressed and ready to perform in her recital. Grandma had her picture taken with Mari and then we headed to the performance.

Mari is a very confident and talented student. (as a grandparent I have the right to brag : )


She did so well and I was very proud of her. After the recital we headed to Jungle Jim's, which is a combination pizza, carnival rides, and games place. I snapped several pictures of Mari enjoying the rides (some with her dad : )
Later we headed to the "Santa Lucia Festival" which is put on by the Swedish Historical Society of Utah (I hope I got the name right) It was a celebration of the traditional Swedish Christmas and started out with a program then we ate a traditional Scandinavian Dinner Feast. They also had several booths selling Swedish food and other items.
Mari's great grandmother came to the United States from Sweden and this gave her a chance to experience some of her heritage.

It was a full but fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment