Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!


Thought I would post the pictures of our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day : ) We had Christmas Eve Dinner at our townhouse. ( ham, cheese potatoes, and green bean casserole ) Mike, Caroline, Mari, Rafa, Julie, and little Luke made it to the dinner. Shannon and Ethan and the boys were at the Abbotts for their Christmas Eve. When we were done with dinner we read the Christmas story and played "Killer Bunnies" (I exempted myself and watched the "Christmas Story" with Mari : )
We had hot chocolate and christmas cookies to round out the evening!



The next day I took a picture of our tree and gifts before everyone came over and the ripping paper began : )


The whole family joined us around 11:30 in the morning and started opening their gifts. Mari had fun giving everyone their gifts to open and Zac really understood this year (for the first time) what Christmas was all about. He had so much fun.



I think Luke and Tyson even enjoyed all the excitement : )



I took pictures of Mari modeling my handmade gifts!



Mari loved her outfit from the Disney movie "The Princess and the Frog" She can now officially be Princess Tiana!



After opening the gifts we ate our traditional sausage egg casserole, raspberry, orange, cinammon rolls, fruit and Martinelli's apple cider. After the feast everyone took an ornament and while putting it on the tree told what gift they wanted to give Jesus this year to be a better person. We played games again and as the day progressed family members returned to their own homes. Rafa and Julie, with baby Luke were the last to leave.
It was a really nice holiday and I enjoyed it so much. Thanks to all my children and grand children for making the day so merry!

1 comment:

Lisa M said...

So fun... what a great Christmas celebration!