Monday, February 15, 2010

Winter Lace Conference 2010

Winter Lace Conference just ended this evening and it was another year of great lacing and friends!

Class started on Friday and continued through Monday. I took Tonder Lace and started two patterns, a mat and corner. Our teacher was Bobbi Donnelly from Pennsylvania and she brought us quite a few interesting patterns from her collection as well as a baby christening gown covered in Tonder Lace! (so beautiful)

(Below is a picture of our class as well as the baby gown : )


I spent quality friend time with Francesca and Louise as well as.......



friends from back east, Susie and Allie!


Janet, Betty, and Mariella enjoying themself at banquet!



Everyone had a hard time deciding what to buy in the vendors hall : )



Banquet night was fun! First we had the teachers showcase and then a good dinner.
Kathy, Francesca, Julie and I enjoying each others company before dinner!


Afterwards we had a wonderful presentation on Idrija lace by Allie which showed her family link to the old country of Slovenia and her Idrija lace making ancestors. She was able to take a class at the lace school in Idrija and learn the traditional methods of lacing in that country.



I am so grateful to everyone who the Winter Lace Conference of 2010 such a success.
Thank you!!!!

No comments: