Monday, May 2, 2011
The Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival
Chris and I spent last Saturday at the Cowboy Festival in Santa Clarita, California. What a fun day trip!
The festival was held at Melody Ranch which is where many of Gene Autry's old films were made. Melody Ranch is located near Newhall California nestled up Placerita Canyon amongst the California Oaks and Sycamore trees.
The ranch has old western sets that lend an authenticity to the festival. There were western vendors located in the building as well as in tents scattered throughout.
They had a fabulous food area where we ate grilled corn on the cob, beef sausages, and dutch oven peach cobbler. Yumm! There were cowboy singers, poets, and artists scattered throughout the venue and many volunteers were demonstrating their crafts.
I was even lassoed by this sidewinder as I walked down the street : )
Then I ended up in jail and Chris had to bail me out : )
What a wonderful day we had enjoying our western heritage!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment