Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring in Washougal


I am trying to catch up on some late blogs that I should have done sooner especially this one : )

We spent a few days at the river house and all of my bulbs were showing off!  They always seem to be more vibrant in color here than in So Cal.  In fact, by the time we were visiting Washington my daffodils in California were already drying up and dying back.  They seem to be at their best in February because of the cooler weather there while up here they are beautiful in April and May.




The last picture even has one of my azaleas in the background that is also getting ready to bloom.

Chris and I went on one day trip while were were visiting and it was a favorite of Chris'!
We went to the Pacific Northwest Regional American Poultry Association Show.  Chris has been away from his favorite hobby for a long time but it still holds a place dear to his heart.







This last picture is for my sis! 


When Allison and I were hiking the Anza Borrego part of the Pacific Crest Trail we both wondered whether the northern part of the trail was anywhere near Washougal.  Well here it is about 2 miles outside of Stevenson, Washington which is about 40 minutes east of Washougal!  I plan on day hiking part of it during the summer.  

No comments: