It has been several days since I returned from the 2008 Pacific Northwest Lace Conference but I finally have a chance to write about it! All I can say is WOW! The conference chairpersons, Julie Hendrick and Lauren Snyder (and their committee members) put on a spectacular event. It was held on the University of Puget Sound campus, Tacoma, Washington. Such a beautiful school! They had a giant sequoia tree that rivaled the ones we see in California national parks.Everything was so green and there were hydrangeas and rhododendrons blooming in all colors! It was cold and rainy but that did not dampen our excitement for lacing. The building below was where our classes were held.
We had two and a half days of lacing with our respective teachers. My lace buddy
Francesca and I took Louise Colgan's Hungarian Lace Class. Below are all the class members.
Louise is a very knowledgeable and patient person. She is good at being two places (and more) at one time : ) We know that she is always ready to help us progress and encourage us in our lacemaking.
There were five days of cafeteria food but it was pretty decent. Below are the five of us eating our lunch.
Left to right are Judy Aycock, (the bucks point teacher), Louise Colgan, Donna Joslin, myself, and Francesca Miller.
On Saturday we had the vendors selling all the lace goodies. After I checked out the vendors I spent lunch with a good friend Nancy Andrist who traveled from Kingston, Washington to visit.
One of the most amazing things about this conference was that I finished my whole piece!
No comments:
Post a Comment