Monday, August 3, 2009

It's been 35 years - Believe it or not!


It was 35 years ago today (August 3, 1974) that Chris and I were married! We decided to spend
August 3, 2009 at one of our favorite spots, Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon. During our college days at BYU we always enjoyed walking by the falls especially during the autumn months. It brought back so many memories!
We actually started our celebration at P.F. Changs restaurant and had a great meal. Then we
headed to the canyon. Provo River provided us with a scenic picture as well as the many wildflowers along the path.




It was stunning to have the falls come into our view after walking along the river.


I asked a couple to take our picture at the falls and they graciously consented.


There used to be a tram that traveled from the bottom of the falls up to the top of the mountain but a landslide destroyed most of it.


There are still some reminders of what used to be, one of which is the bridge I am standing on.

(It used to span the river but was messed up by the landslide) Up on top of the mountain are the remains of the hotel and tram holding area.


When I was a child ( and again when my children were young) the tram did run back and forth.
I rode it as a child. Unfortunately I think it is gone for good.

So many memories!

1 comment:

2Grandmas2 said...

Wow...thirty five? I remember the "ring" ceremony at the dorm. "Time in a bottle." Time has gone by, but many wonderful things have been given us all as we struggle to keep our footing on the path. I am so grateful to know you and Chris...that, my friends, is ageless.
N