I was so grateful to spend Memorial Day at Rose Hills.
Every year they have a program to thank those who served our country. This is the 88th annual observance and it was a wonderful day. Chris and I arrived at the park just before the program started and we stopped at my parents graves. The day before I had stopped at the flower shop and bought red, white and blue flowers and banners to put there. The actual program is held just a few yards from where my parents are buried and the walkway past their graves had flags all along both sides leading up to the stage. A perfect setting for two people who loved their country and sacrificed many years to serve in the armed services.
The program had music (band and chamber singers) and a talk by our L.A County Supervisor of the 4th district, Don Knabe. His father and eight uncles all served in World War II and he himself served during the Vietnam War. He told us that every freedom we enjoy was given to us by those who served. They gave the ultimate sacrifice so that we could enjoy the life we have now.
It was an honor for me to be there and pay my respects to my parents and to others there who love this country.
2 comments:
What nice photos! It sounds like Rose Hills is an amazing place.
Please visit my blog: http://thesoundbites.blogspot.com
Thank you!
-Maria
I love you mom!!
Post a Comment