Saturday, July 12, 2008

4th of July in Arrowhead



This is a very late blog on our 4th of July celebration. We were invited by our friends The Nichols to spend the night at Lake Arrowhead. They recently rebuilt their cabin and it is beautiful. Their former cabin burned down during a bad forest fire several years ago. There are three levels to it with a loft, the main level, and a basement. The area is so peaceful and beautiful.
We were joined by other friends, some we have not seen for a long time. The Salo's who used to live near us came up and joined us as well as The McIntire family, Martin family, and Junell Costello. We had a potluck dinner ( I provided the dessert) and we went to see the fireworks over Lake Arrowhead. The next morning we had breakfast followed by scripture study. We ended our trip at Arrowhead village at the restaurant Woody's for lunch. It was a special weekend!



Claire Salo and Jane McIntire


Marjorie Nichols cooking us breakfast!



2 comments:

Nancy said...

The joys of a 4th of July with no animals to worry about. I cannot imagine! It sounds like a lovely way to spend the holiday...or any day for that matter.

Shannon Abbott said...

I would love to go up there someday! I love the pictures mom!