Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Relaxing in Washougal, Washington


Now on to the Washington visit. After spending time in Utah for Mari's dance recital and fathers day we left on Tuesday morning. The drive from Utah to Washington is long but I am always excited to get back there. We own a second home in Washougal Washington
with the Washougal river in our backyard. It is a small town about 30 miles from Portland, Oregon. Our home is about a half mile from the Columbia River. I love it here. I guess I have a passion for water, rivers, and waterfalls and this area abounds in them.
This is our backyard and as you can see Julie and I are enjoying ourselves.
The water is so clear and cool. The weather was absolutely perfect (75 degrees) We spent alot of time reading and I also worked on some unfinished projects.
The trip wouldn't be complete without a trip to Multnomah Falls (remember my waterfall fix)


Chris and I took a day trip to Eugene, Oregon (about a 2 hour trip) to visit the Black Sheep Gathering. It is a big spinning and weaving festival and sheep show. We also did some shopping in Portland (no sales tax) One week was not enough but the time flew by and soon it was time to go. We plan on going back at the end of August.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I am so sorry I missed you. The days seem to be speeding by right now. I hope I can get down in August and see you and Chris. I think if my head weren't attached...