Monday, May 4, 2009

"In the Strength of the Lord" - 2009 BYU Women's Conference


All I can say is "What a great conference!" Julie joined me Thursday for the first day of conference.
We met in the Marriott Center with thousands of women all excited about being together and feeling the spirit. Some of the topics that I chose to hear Thursday were "Replacing fear with faith" and the"The Infinite Power of Hope." After classes Julie and I went to the "Purple Turtle" in Pleasant Grove to eat dinner. I had not been there to eat since my BYU days. I had a pastrami
burger and sweet potato fries. Not the best I know but it was so good!
Shannon joined me on Friday and we got to hear Brad Wilcox (he is great) speak on "Turning our Weaknesses into Strengths" as well as Elder L. Tom Perry speak to us on "Strengthening the Image of the Church" After classes Shannon and I went to the "Brick Oven"in Provo to eat pizza.
It was also a great day. I am grateful that my daughters were able to join me and also grateful that I was able to attend. As in the theme I felt strengthened in my faith and grateful for my blessings!



2 comments:

Shannon Abbott said...

I'm very glad that I was able to go with you! I love you mom!

2Grandmas2 said...

Very nice! One of these years...